The Full story
Codage, which is French for “code”, is a revolutionary skincare brand that has been developed for both men and women of all ages and skin types. Their products are designed to give nourishment and treat all types of skin issues, such as signs of ageing, sensitivity or dryness. Codage make it possible to adapt your skincare routine to suit your specific needs, which can vary day today. All Codage serums can be mixed to create your perfect code - your Codage.
The inspiration for Codage came from the periodic system and each of the 23 nutri-elements are a cocktail of three active ingredients. Codage choose the active ingredients that are proven to be both well tested and most effective. They contain herbs, minerals and biotechnical ingredients with the highest effectiveness and safety for both you and the environment. Most of the nutri-elements come in three different strengths where 3 is the maximum, 2 is medium and 1 is the minimum for precision dosage and full control. Every nutri-element belongs to one of four categories:
- Category A: Skin Comfort - helps to balance the skin and protect against dryness. Nutri-Element: HY, HY+, MA, AP.
- Category B: Cellular Protection - helps to protect the skin as well as support the skin’s natural defences against daily environmental damages. Nutri-Elements: AO, PO, HI, ET.
- Category C - Anti-Ageing: helps to prevent against signs of ageing as well as being able to help correct current issues. Nutri-Elements: RU, RI, FE, LF, AA.
- Category D - Skin Tone & Texture - helps to give the skin an even, vibrant tone as well as a smooth and light texture. Nutri-Elements: AC, RE, RG, DX, EC, TC, BI, BR, CN, PC.
CREATE YOUR OWN ROUTINE
Step 1 of your Codage routine is to prepare your skin with a cleanser and a face mask. You should cleanse your skin twice a day, both morning and evening. When you remove the excess grease and other impurities, your skin will be more receptive to any follow up skincare treatment. For extra effect, use a face mask that best suits your skin 1-2 times a week.
Step 2 is to act with help from one or more creams. Your skin needs nourishing and in order to reach this, Codage have formulated a cream with a light consistency which is quickly absorbed by the skin, allowing the active ingredients to penetrate deep into the skin’s layers. All Codage creams can be combined.
Step 3 is to protect with a face cream. When your skin has absorbed the serum, you can apply your day- or night cream which acts like a shield, protecting your skin from further negative effects. Your skin can be kept moisturised with optimal comfort.
SKINCARE FOR EVERY SEASON
Codage have a wide range of products specialised for the changing seasons. Your skin acts differently depending on the current climate, which is why Codage have put together serum kits and prescriptions that make it easy to choose suitable products depending on the season and skin type.
- Revolutionary skincare that can be tailored to suit your skin’s various needs.
- Nutri-elements, containing plants, minerals and biotechnical ingredients give the most effective result whilst keeping the safety standards high.
- All serums can be mixed to create your specific code - your Codage.
- Tailor made collections to suit your needs and the seasons.
ACCLIMATION OF PRODUCTS
Start by introducing one product at a time when switching to new skincare products. It takes approximately 2-8 weeks for the skin to acclimate to new products, and for you to see an improvement. Initially, you may experience worsening of the skin before it gets better; dryness, impurities and blemishes are common. This cleansing is normal and happens because the skin is wearing off the previous products. If you experience lasting discomfort, stop the treatment and contact one of our estheticians.
General contraindications for products containing active ingredients (e.g. AHA products):
- If you are still using exfoliating products from a different line of products; stop using these 2 weeks prior to starting a new treatment.
- Do not exfoliate on sunburned skin (red/irritated) or newly waxed skin.
- Do not use if your are taking prescription medication for acne.
- If you are using prescription medication for acne e.g. Roacutan, you should stop taking the medicine at least 6 months prior to using products with active ingredients.
- If you are using topical creams to treat acne e.g. Aberela, Retinova, Zorac, Differin, you should stop using the product at least 2-3 months prior to exfoliating your skin.